PayPal Donations for continued research

Sunday 20 June 2021

PLEASE Report Sick Fox Cubs and DEAD Fox Cubs

 A headless fox cub dumped in front of someones house in Bristol: the RSPCA told her that the head had probably been eaten....by a fox. As far as I understand it the RSPCA never sent anyone to get the body.

In Swindon, four fox cubs that looked as though "they had been mauled" were found in a woman's garden.

Foxes are NOT going to bite off a cubs head and take it away to eat while the rest of the meatier body is left in situ. I try to be respectful but the RSPCA uttering this type of garbage does not help foxes but strengthens the pro hunt promoting of foxes as killers.

I do wonder how many cubs are found dead in open parts of the garden and people think the vixen placed it there? Vixens usually put dead cubs out of sight. Please, if you know people who feed or watch foxes ask them to keep a look out and if they see any dead cubs or adults that are not RTA victims to report them.

ALWAYS feed any foxes in rear gardens that do not have easy access.


If you have trail cams always check them and if anyone appears on the images captured contact the police -such as "Rough Trader" above (ignore camera time this was in 2020)

This has all been a depressing distraction from other problems being looked at. Fox cubs that are found ill and physically weak, maybe having seizures firstly contact your local wildlife rescue! Secondly, let me know. If any cubs appear with what seem to be over large heads -let me know.

We need to find out far more about cub mortality and whether what we are seeing this year is the norm (most cubs do not make it to a full year) or something else is going on.

The four cubs found dead in Bristol. I have seen the photographs and they are graphic (I will not be showing them online). I have now been asked twice why I will not say any more on the subject or offer an opinion.

Firstly, I need to make sure the APHA gets to the bodies and can perform post mortems and in any case I NEVER divulge a location or name of the reportee without permission.

Secondly, I can make a guess based on what I see in the photographs, however, that is a guess and what we need are FACTS and those facts only come from post mortems because looks can be very deceptive and this is not a sensationaliost page. Once we know what is going on then everyone will be told.

I am not hiding anything from anyone but we have to have facts and can advise based on those.

For the rest of the day I hope to sit back and relax and try to get all of this out of my head for a few hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vale Wildlife Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre -Contains Graphic Image

  WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGES This poor fox came into us yesterday afternoon after he was seen with the pictured plastic bottle stuck around h...