PayPal Donations for continued research

Saturday 5 February 2022

Now We Have Hoaxers

 I suspect that someone who is on or has friends on various Bristol FB groups was having a little 'fun' with us.

I got an email, then forwarded posts, about a dead fox lying in a "dip" in Brislington. By the time the reports got to me 11 hours had gone by.

The initial image was blurry but when I saw the better image my first thought was "taxidermy". However, I then had to ask WHY anyone knowing that the Fox Study has one overworked animal collector and that I am up to the top of my hairless head in dead badgers, foxes, advising on foxes and badgers as well as a ton of other stuff would hoax us?

The truth is that as soon as I am chatting on a group with someone about foxes a member will "FYI" that post to a certain person. I have had waste of time messages via fox or local groups but they are easily spotted.

Take a look at the photo. Like a fox sleeping. I have seen far far too many photos of dead foxes and THAT does not look like a fox that just died. Also note the fur and the patterns on it -almost as though someone has brushed through it and I have seen that on a lot of fox taxidermy.

I have asked for other opinions and they are the same. This lookslike a stuffed fox and a hoax to waste the time of myself and Zoe who would have had to drive all the way there.
Where did the fox vanish to? Just heard back that no dead fox was reported in the area or collected yesterday.

We are working flat out with no financial backing to try to find out how foxes are dying in the City and I am working 18-19 hours a day. It is not a subject for a joke and if I do find out who it is then they are going to be named and shamed everywhere and anywhere I can post.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It May All Fail Through Indifference

Back on the 9th March, 2024 I posted an item titled Naturalists Are A Dying Breed you can find that here https://foxwildcatwolverineproject...