PayPal Donations for continued research

Wednesday 10 April 2024

What Am I?

 What am I?  Depends who you ask. If you are a government or local authority person who I press for answers and solutions (politely) then I am a "tree-hugging environmentalist".  Or (quote) " A total ****** pain in the ass!" ๐Ÿ˜

Other people say I am rather "intense on animal welfare and conservation".

"Environmental conservationist"

"Wildlife educator"

We can also add "wolf advocate" although as people will realise "Wild canid advocate" would be more appropriate.  

Whatever happened to "naturalist/mammalogist" or "Naturalist/author"?   

Interestingly Blogger and other US set up system keep underling "mammalogist" as not being a word but I can assure all those internet systems and programmers that it is a real word:

"Mammalogist. A mammalogist studies and observes mammals. In studying mammals, they can observe their habitats, contributions to the ecosystem, their interactions, and the anatomy and physiology. A mammalogist can do a broad variety of things within the realm of mammals."

No joke even Wikipedia has an entry on it

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammalogy#:~:text=viruses%2C%20and%20cures.-,Mammalogist,within%20the%20realm%20of%20mammals.  

The problem is that field naturalists or real naturalists in general are a dying breed -and that has been officially confirmed in a number of technical papers.  So I guess I could be described as "a bearded Red Listed species" (and follow my hair to extinction)๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vale Wildlife Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre -Contains Graphic Image

  WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGES This poor fox came into us yesterday afternoon after he was seen with the pictured plastic bottle stuck around h...