PayPal Donations for continued research

Thursday 18 March 2021

What Can You Do To Help A Sick (mange) or Injured Fox?

 For me the last straw was seeing a fox cub, badly manged, that I could not catch. I doubt it survived long.  I really got sick of seeing mange take foxres -it is not just scabbing, biting and hair loss. Eventually there is organ failure and it is not fast or nice.

I really mocked homeopathic medicines and when a "right on" doctor gave me a homeopathic prescription I expressed my disgust but eventually said I wouldtry it -but I'd be making an appointment for the week after. The pharmacy explained that the "It's all water" response was a false pone.  There are a lot of homeopathic remedies that are more water , however, the "correctly made" meds are not.

Disgruntled I made my way home and took the first two tablets. An hour (I was impatient to yell "I told you so!" 1hr 30 minutes later...something happened. My severe sinus blockage (quite painful) became unblocked. "Typical!" I said. So I never took the next dose. Problem fully back. No, it was just coincidence. So I decided I would be my own guinea pig. I took the meds for three days and the problem which nothing had succeeded with before went. I stopped the meds. Problem returned after a day. Still obstinate and not believing in homeopathic meds I started them again and this time continued until the full treatment was complete. 

National Fox Welfare Society: Angelica before and after drop treatment (below)



When the mange started in the local foxes again I knew the RSPCA was not going to help. We had no wildlife centres near Bristol so my option was to watch the mange start, develop and slowly kill the foxes or try the free homeopathic potion.  So what the hell. I got the meds and the drops went into jam sandwiches (cats would eat meat etc but don't go for jam sandwiches). In a couple of weeks I saw the foxes fur return to normal.  The important thing is to use the drops as you see the mange develop. 

I do get angry with people who scream very loudly "It doesn't work -it's water!" You mention wildlife centres have found it works and they are either idiots or "in on the con" and these people will use some rather one sided research from the internet. My response is always this: "What option do you offer to treat mange in foxes?" This is when they have to shut up because they can offer no solution but some will try to argue it out knowing full well its pointless.  

The argument that the drops are "a placebo" is so ridiculous that it cannot be argued with unless "The person believes it will work therefore sees it work"....someone escaped from the home.  

If you use the link below you can find the nearest wildlife rescue centre to where you are that is fox friendly. 

https://helpwildlife.co.uk/gd-home/search/?geodir_search=1&stype=gd_place&s=%20&snear=&sspecies[0]=Foxes&ssanctuary=1&sgeo_lat=&sgeo_lon=&fbclid=IwAR0K9TI9GPmgHQbXilaH7LY4vmlS7LjOcWFjZWuoV19JDVMhRAJgz9loRnc

It does not take long and like the drops its free and what other options are there?  At least give a fox the chance to try to stay alive.


Thank You



 In case anyone needs this in future as mange has been reported in a fox from St Werburgh's...

If you contact the Nationsal Fox Welfare Society they offer free mange meds (drops that go in food) and I've used it and it seems to work, If you contact them just tell them I gave you the contact details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This should make every single human angry!!

From Project Coyote and this really shows what goes on.   Cody Roberts, a #Wyoming resident who captured, tortured, and killed a yearling w...