PayPal Donations for continued research

Sunday 26 June 2022

Hang Up The Trail Cams and Retire?

 Well, to answer the question just posed....

Some people reporting dead foxes and badgers is the only support I get. I was thinking of ending the work this year after over 45 years because my meagre finances cannot keep stretching. 

There IS a donation box to the right but I think it rusted over years ago 😂

But for the research alone over the years I have spent a few thousand. Unfortunately the humble naturalist is not permitted anywhere near University or college libraries -full of books with information from naturalists that the professional zoologist takes credit for. It's like a private club that you have to be in an elite to get access to. That is why naturalists tend to have large libraries of their own

Apart from the research work I dread thinking how much I've paid in phone charges since 1977 (I don't even get a long term customer rebate!).

Travelling expenses and field work...it all mounts up.

I keep getting told that I need to get a grant but as I keep explaining there is no grant existing for the fox and wild cat work as they are not seen of any interest although if you are attached to a university it can be wangled (that is a technical term in academia).

I would like to continue the work but this year I need to make a serious decision and it looks a tad grim and probably the longest serving researcher into wild cats and foxes in the UK (that's me unless you know someone else) will


hang up his trail cams and retire from the stress but as I never win the national lottery (I'm told you need to buy a lottery ticket??!!)  I think my non-existent bank balance is calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vale Wildlife Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre -Contains Graphic Image

  WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGES This poor fox came into us yesterday afternoon after he was seen with the pictured plastic bottle stuck around h...