PayPal Donations for continued research

Saturday 23 October 2021

"Why Do Things Take So Long?"

In the past six months I have been working on average every day some 14-15 hours 
attempting to get through official resistance over dead foxes to coordinating efforts when a dead fox is found and also advising people on sick or injured foxes -often having to find wildlife rescues close to them to help.

I also spend a great deal of time chatting with people about foxes and gathering data on fox health, behaviour and (a lot) what you can feed a fox.  Curiously I also get to gather a lot of information on badgers but have also had to answer queries on squirrels, hedgehogs and even on building or creating wildlife gardens.

There is no such thing as funding for this work. Every expense comes out of my own pocket which has a lot of holes in it 😄

I had hoped that The Red Paper might sell enough to fund ongoing research but it seems that very few people want to read books on foxes or the history of foxes or other canids in the UK. there is a Paypal donation box but after 10 years it's still full of...internet dust.

I get asked why I don't do "this" or "that" and the reason is financial. The current research is making leaps and bounds but cost restrictions are...restricting -I'm a writer you know 😂

Because of the dead foxes found this year the research is currently 6 months behind and I had hoped to get at least a couple of papers out this year including the Feral and Hybrid Cats and Wolverine update. 

I'll get there eventually

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prevent Wildlife -Chicken Conflicts

Same message the world over. Practice correct animal husbandry