PayPal Donations for continued research

Monday 13 November 2023

The Girt or Great Dog of Ennerdale



 Hello.

I wondered whether anyone here could help me out in trying to find post cards on a specific topic?
We all know that a train derailment, ship running ashore etc all appeared as images on historical postcards and although these tended to be localised there is one event that I can find no postcard for and yet I assumed that as a national story at the time it would have gotten a postcard at ;least.
In 1810 a great hound was running amock in Cumbria and became known as the Great or Girt dog of Ennerdale. Up until the early 1950s it was stuffed. mounted and displayed at Kendall Museum before it was discarded.
I have now been searching for a couple of decades but no photos or postcards yet it was on display over 130 years.
Has anyone come across postcards of the Great Dog? If you have please message me via Face Book as I would love to see what this great hound actually looked like!
Thanks, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO. Never Ever Conclude "Poison" Without Evidence

  For most vets "likely poisoned" is a "I have no idea" response. I think it is seven vets in Bristol who told people th...